Friday, 25 June 2010

"Truth Is" by Fantasia

Fantasia's song "Truth Is" reminisces about a past love that she "shoulda never let go". This reminded me of a past love I had. He was fun and compared to the fellas that has "befriended" me after, he was one of the best.

"Truth is, I never shoulda let you go. Truth is, I wish I were standing in her shoes..."

I caught myself slipping into a "I miss him" slump. Then I remembered why I let him go! I won't go into detail but I usually referred to myself as a restricted-free-agent. I was committed to the relationship but we were not officially in a relationship, so he was not obligated to always being there for me. Do you get it?

I remember talking to a great friend who expressed that she never re-pursues a relationship. Obviously something wasn't working then. If she has grown and he hasn't, then it definitely isn't going to work now. She didn't mention if they both grew but I would reconsider...maybe.

All I know is that I had to flashback to the tears I shed to get over that "I miss you" junk. Sometimes external circumstances hinder a decent relationship. In that case then, take the time to review any possibilities if an opportunity presents itself again. Take heed: Sometimes a second glance is just to show you that you ain't missing out on nothing. If the relationship was shaky enough for you to end it then why are you reigniting it again? Make sure you know what you are starting up, it's not only the good times that come along with the first love. It's also all of his baggage, drama, and anything that made you happy one minute and then miserable the next-maybe.

Truth is, you made me sick :::lmbo::: just joking : /
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment