Do you repeat the same offenses? Do you have any sins or bad habits that you resolve never to do again-until you do it again? Me too, I have a load of them. And then after I commit the infraction, I wish I hadn't. What can stop me/us? I am going to try using a temptation book.
The temptation book should be small enough to carry around with you. Whenever you are about to do something questionable, jot it down into your temptation book first. Write the action, the rewards, the immediate and long term consequences of such an action. Read it out loud. From there, you should be able to weigh in on your temptations' worthiness. Are they worth the consequences?
Let me know if this has worked for you? I'm just about to try it myself. For now, it will probably be filled with a lot of food temptations. I figure having to stop and write it into my little red book will slow me down in my tracks and shame me before I get to commit the sin.
No comments:
Post a Comment